20th century | In 1905, during the Russian Revolution, the squire’s house located in Mālpils Manor’s territory was set on fire during the night between 27 and 28 November. All wooden details burnt down, only masonry walls remained. The Manor’s former owner Alexander von Grote returned to the Manor after the riots were suppressed. He commissioned J. Mengels, a building contractor from Cēsis, to carry out renovation works during 1907–1911. The design project was developed by architect Wilhelm Boxlaf. In 1914, Elsa on Grote, Alexander von Grote’s daughter who was known to the public as the ‘Freulein’, inherited the Manor. The Manor was beautiful and well maintained during this time. After the Agrarian Reform that took place in 1920, Elsa von Grote was obliged to give up the majority of the Manor’s estate. She was left with 50 hectares of land, including the estate’s farm houses, mill, greenhouse, and the estate manager’s house. She kept the estate until the autumn of 1939 when she left for Germany.
After the Agrarian Reform of 1920, Mālpils Manor’s buildings were the home of a six-form elementary school. In 1929, the estate was handed over to the Latvian National Association of Retired Soldiers which resolved to set up sanatorium ‘Lāčplēši’ in the Manor’s premises. In 1935, Teodors Kerselis, accountant of Mālpils Dairy, bought Mālpils Manor’s buildings.